SOSVV in the Press:
- “Use of Land pdf file,” Diane Bergstrom, Highlander Monthly, May 2019.
- Maeve Conran interviews Amanda Dumenigo, SOSVV Chair, Morning Magazine, KGNU, February 4, 2019
- Maeve Conran interviews Amanda Dumenigo, SOSVV Chair, Morning Magazine, KGNU, September 2018.
- “Industrial gravel mining in Boulder County clears hurdle,” Matt Cortina, Boulder Weekly, August 2, 2018.
- “Boulder County Board of Adjustment shoots down appeal to invalidate gravel mine permit,” John Bear, Daily Camera, July 25, 2018. Also published in the Times-Call on July 25, 2018.
- Maeve Conran interviews Amanda Dumenigo, SOSvv Chair, Morning Magazine, KGNU, July 23, 2018.
- “The Lyons Pits fights to save the St. Vrain River Valley from Martin Marietta’s proposed mining,” Amanda Dumenigo, Redstone Review, July/August 2018, p. 10.
- Times-Call on April 11, 2018. Also published in the
- “Save the Preble’s meadow jumping mouse from Martin Marietta’s industrial gravel mine,” Amanda Dumenigo, Redstone Review, Sept/Oct 2017.
- “Richard Cargill: Mining the St. Vrain Valley enhances flood risk,” Letter to the Editor, The Times Call, September 1, 2017.
- Jennifer Mornan interviews Amanda Dumenigo, SOSVV Chairperson, WomynAir, KGNU, June 26, 2017.
- “Concerns over eagle’s nest, mining proposal in Boulder County,” Nelson Garcia, KUSA/9 News, June 02, 2017.
- “Lisa Rollo: A land-use vision gone wrong,” Letter to the Editor, Daily Camera, June 2, 2017. Also published in the Times-Call on June 2, 2017.
- “Mine! All Mine!,” by Philip Armour, Elevation Outdoors Magazine, May 31, 2017.
- “Richard Cargill: Guest Editorial,” Redstone Review, April/May 2017.
- “William Berg: St. Vrain Valley gravel mining carries groundwater risks,” Guest Opinion, Daily Camera, March 30, 2017.
- “Battle Brews Over Gravel Mining Eyed for Boulder County ‘Gemstone’,” Daily Camera, March 25, 2017. Also published in the Times-Call on March 25, 2017
Issues in the News:
- “A tenacious bald eagle in Frederick illustrates wildlife’s fight to survive along Colorado’s increasingly developed Front Range,” Bruce Finley, The Denver Post, March 10, 2019.
- “Dust in the Wind: Cement plant north of Boulder faces state penalties, federal inspectors, and the wrath of a whistleblower,” Pamela White, Boulder Weekly, November 20, 2003. From the archives for history on Cemex’s activities.
- “Upset over Cemex plant,” Todd Neff, Daily Camera, December 4, 2005. From the archives for history on Cemex’s activities.